Protect your business from non-compliance with DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations. Sign up for this comprehensive, DOT DER Training Webinar with industry professional Joe Reilly.
Is your company regulated by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT)? Are you required to have a DOT drug and alcohol testing program? If you answered YES to these questions, you are required to have on your management team a Designated Employer Representative, or DER.
This is a 2-hour training giving you all the knowledge you need to be an effective DER.
This Training is Appropriate for all Transportation Models, Including FMCSA, FAA, FTA, FRA PHMSA, USCG
In this live training webinar, you will learn how to be compliant with DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations. We will teach you about your duties as a designated employer representative, how to effectively manage your drug testing program and how to prepare for an audit from the DOT.
Our DER Training is suitable for all employees covered under DOT testing regulation 49 CFR, Part 40. There is limited seating and pre-registration is required. Once you have reserved your spot, pre-training materials will be provided to you. At the end of this training, all attendees will receive a certificate of completion. The cost of this training is $99.00 – advance registration and payment is required.
Register Now – All registrations will be confirmed via email.
Your Duties as a DOT Designated Employer Representative
As a Designated Employer Representative, you will have specific duties for DOT compliance. In addition to managing the drug and alcohol testing program, you will be required to:
- Manage with assistance from TPA the random drug & alcohol testing
- Receive drug & alcohol test results
- Remove employees from safety-sensitive functions when the result is positive or test is refused
- Refer employees to the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and facilitate return to duty, if allowed
- Coordinate follow up testing after a return to duty
- Coordinate physician referrals for “shy bladder” and “shy lung” situations
- Report test results to agency and/or state and local authorities, if necessary
- DER must be familiar with the entire testing process
- Responsible for compliance with 49 CFR Part 40 and Agency Regulations
- Knowledge of Urine Collection Procedures
- Knowledge of Breath Alcohol Testing procedures
- Receive Breath Alcohol Results from BAT
- Knowledge of Correction of flaws, fatal flaws, and problem tests
- Determining Refusals to Test
- Responsible for compliance with Drug & Alcohol Testing Program regulations
With this live training course, you will learn everything you need to know to be a successful DER. We’ll provide you with all the necessary training materials and you’ll have the advantage of having an industry professional live and available to answer your questions.
REGISTER NOW for any of our DER Trainings in 2023
Jan 24, 2023 11:00 AM EST
Apr 26, 2023 3:00 PM EST
Sep 14, 2023 3:00 PM EST
DER Overall Responsibilities
As a DER, you are responsible for administering the DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. You will act as the liaison with drug and alcohol testing service agents. Every DER is informed of every test and its result.
The DER performs the functions necessary according to the results of the tests and is authorized by the employer to take immediate action(s)including:
- To remove employees from safety-sensitive duties
- To make necessary decisions in the testing and evaluation process
- Receives test results and other communications for the employer
In this two hour live training, we will review the following:
- What is a Designated Employer Representative (DER)
- Written Policy
- Regulations on file
- Previous employer checks
- Employee Education
- Supervisor Training
- Removal of covered employees
- Pre-employment tests
- Correct Federal Custody & Control forms (CCF)
- Random pool
- Post accident testing situations
- Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Process
- Record keeping
- Drug Testing
- Alcohol Testing
Our DOT DER Training is one of the most comprehensive trainings in the industry. Once completed, you will walk away feeling like you have the knowledge and tools to be successful as a DER.
This is a valuable training program presented by a drug testing industry expert with a low person price of $99.00.